Sunday, April 26, 2009

Don't trouble me with evidence, I have 'no doubt'

In her latest column, state Superintendent Sandy Garrett announced that Oklahoma school districts are starting to receive the first round of the so-called stimulus dollars for reading and math instruction -- nearly $130 million, with a like amount forthcoming in the fall. She wrote:
Like most Oklahomans, I am concerned about our nation's economy and about the debt that could be passed on to our children's children. Yet, I have no doubt about the positive affect [sic] of investing in Oklahoma's boys and girls and their future.

No doubt? Honestly? Shouldn't this graphic give you at least some doubt? Indeed, wouldn't it make more sense to say, "I have no doubt that the positive effects will be slim or none"?

No comments: