Monday, January 26, 2015

Progressive 'fairness'

"I am a stay-at-home, home-schooling mother of five," Kay Buccola of Kenmore, Washington, writes in a letter published today in The Wall Street Journal.
Though we relieve the public schools of five charges, we still are heavily taxed for them. Though I am not paid to teach, we fund the salary of others’ teachers. Though we pay for our own lessons, sports and books, our taxes pay for those for others. Though we require no day care, we are taxed to subsidize others’ day care. Though we feed our own children, we pay for others’ school lunches. 

To afford all of these obligatory donations, my husband works two jobs. And now President Obama asks us to carry more of a tax load so that working mothers can be relieved of some taxes, while we help educate their children. And this is “fairness”?

Well said, Mrs. Buccola. You remind me of another homeschooling mother I know.

No comments: